Monday, November 27, 2006

We found It!

Our house-hunting adventure began on Monday. We woke up early and started the drive from Maryland to Richmond. Our realtor was meeting us at 11:00 that morning to see five houses. I was excited about the possibilities.

Trevan and I had were aware that the pressure would be on to find somewhere to live in just two day, but we would not let that impair our ability to choose wisely. Armed with that thought, we set out to see the houses. Hours later we had seen the five houses we were to see that day and our realtor was talking to us about a couple more possibilities for Tuesday.

Although one house had caught our attention, it was not the "it" I had been hoping for. You know that "it" feeling you get when you try on the perfect wedding gown, find the perfect man or the perfect pair of jeans. The "This is IT" feeling. Disappointed but not desperate, we went to our hotel room that night not expecting the next day to bring much.

The first house we visited on Tuesday definitely proved not to be much at all. This house really confirmed that maybe my "it" would have to wait till our second house or even our third one...Not very encouraging.

However, all discouraging thoughts disappeared as we pulled up to the second house. "I like the outside very much" I thought. When the door opened and I started roaming the house, a warm fuzzy feeling began to flow through me. "I can totally live here and be happy. I think...Oh wow, look at that back yard, and the den, and...My craft room! Yes this room is perfect for my craft room! I heard myself say "THIS IS IT!".

Trevan was taking pictures of the rooms when I snuggled up to him and gently whispered "I am home". His smiling eyes looked into mine as if to say "So am I".

No comments: