Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Expectations

For the first couple years of my life Christmas was all about my gifts! As the years progressed it became a lot more important to give great gifts to others. I love picking fun stuff for people and know that it is something they really want or that they really want.

Expectations changed dramatically when I got married a couple years ago. I remember the first Christmas I spent with Trevan's family. It felt so un-Christmas like to be at someone else's house opening gifts. I had grown use to my parents living room, my mom's food, my father starting a fire, and my brother and I hovering around the gifts.

This year we are spending Christmas with Trevan's family again, but things are a lot different now. I have gotten use to being around Trevan's family, to grandma's cooking, to her living room and hovering over a new tree!

I am sure expectations will again change once we have children and it is all about them! I guess things will always be changing, but one thing about Christmas never changes...I LOVE IT!

No comments: