Thursday, June 07, 2007

True Evangelism

In our quest to prove that our biblical beliefs are solid, we sometimes come across as unbending, irrational fools! Personally, I am very convicted on my love for Christ and my acceptance of His sacrifice for me. This leads me to be passionate about helping others see my point of view, but that does not necessarily make sense to others.

This article by Mike Lowe expresses very logically, I think, the basic barrier to proper evangelism. It is not our jobs to pound others with the truth, but to build bridges that they can cross as they find meaning in the lives we live, and more importantly, and they see we understand and care for them just as they are.

1 comment:

Globetrotter said...

Hey, how is life? I think I saw you both at Sligo a couple of months ago during church. Keep up the good work.