Friday, January 16, 2009

Book Recommendation

Over the holidays I read various books. One of the books I read was Sex God by Rob Bell. This book explores sexuality and spirituality and the connections that we sense but are not always sure why.

I came away from this book thinking: "My kids have got to read this." Why? Because in my opinion this book explains in a very concrete way the emotional consequences of pre-marital sex. While parents usually like to mention the scary stuff like an unwanted pregnancy or STDs, the emotional impact of sexual relationships is the best reason to abstain until marriage. That's my opinion anyways, so I appreciate some resources in that department.

Bell does a great job of applying biblical soundness to the sometimes insane world of sexuality that we all face on a daily basis. It is also a very quick read!

No comments: