Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vegan for a Month

At the beginning of every year I like challenging myself to do something interesting or new. This year I decided to go vegan for the month of January.

While I have not been totally successful in my quest (had some cheesy pasta and some chicken once) this has been an interesting month.

Mostly, I cannot wait for it to be over. I miss yogurt for breakfast. . .

For some reason I expected to feel different by the end of the month. Not sure how this difference would manifest itself: more energy, better sleep. . . I don't know, something. Alas, nothing has changed. I feel the same as I did at the beginning of the month. I think this is because I don't eat that much meat and dairy to begin with, so it has not been a huge transition for me.

Overall it has been a fun experiment. This experience has showed me that I can cut down even more on my animal products consumption without much effort. Moderation is the key. . . and yogurt for breakfast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As of Feb. 16, I will try being vegan for 28 days and two meals a day with a light snack in the evening.
Trying to lose weight and see if I will have more energy.

spo said...

Tonya,

Good luck! I have started walking at lunch time to see if I can get in better shape as well.