Saturday, August 05, 2006

On Our Two-Year Anniversary

We made it! Two long, grueling years...I am not talking about our marriage, I am talking about Berrien Springs! hahahahah

Ok, so Trevan and I celebrated our two-year marriage anniversary on Tuesday. Although most of our marriage has been spent in Berrien Springs, and we both agree that it has been a trying experience, I am glad. If our marriage can survive the horrible, dreary Michigan winter, it can survive anything!

We actually had a little party to celebrate this momentous occasion. I even tried out my Martha Steward cake decorating skills...Guess what? I have no skills, but at least now I know. It was fun hanging out with our friends and just sharing some time together.

I have learned that you will get out of marriage whatever you bring to it...Not very original, I know, but true. Trev and I have tried to set aside our differences and unite to do the things that make us happy. We watch movies, play tennis, eat ice cream, and simply enjoy being with each other. I believe this has been the key to surviving the seminary. Trevan even told me that although living in Michigan is bad, I have made it fun for him...That ladies and gentlemen is a compliment!

Now I look forward to having even more fun in the years ahead. Our present experiences will allow us to grow and learn more about each other, and for that I say "Happy Anniversary" and many more years of happy learning!

No comments: