Thursday, January 18, 2007

The First Couple Weeks

Wow! It has been a rough couple weeks. I am starting to get into the flow of Richmond, the new house, the re-decorating and painting, but the pastor's wife thing is coming along a bit slowly.

Last week Trevan was gone every single night, except for Friday. That was hard! I am so use to having him around. This week has been a bit better, but most of our time together is spent working on the house. We have been working on unpacking, removing wallpaper, sanding walls, priming and lots of other odd jobs. When we aren't working on the house I am talking about the house. What color should we paint the den? I think we should ask the people at Home Depot how much it would cost to change the floor in the bathroom. Should we paint our cabinets in the kitchen or get new ones? I am just full of ideas and questions that take over every single conversation we have.

Finally tonight we were able to have a nice date night and just hang out with each other for a couple hours. We went out to eat and then just drove down a couple streets just to explore the area. I begin to see how important having a regular date night is going to be.

No comments: