Sunday, January 21, 2007

Funny Story

It took three weeks to get the den ready for a fresh coat of paint. Hard work went into taking the wallpaper off the trim, washing down the walls, spackling all the nail holes and sand papering the lumps all over the wall.

Last night we got all our gear ready and started painting. We used a lamp in addition to the ceiling light to make sure we had good visibility. It took a little over an hour to get the room painted. By end of the night we were giddy with anticipation.

This morning Trevan left early for board meeting and I went to clean up the den to get it ready for furniture. The color looked lighter than it had last night and...what is that? Are those streaks? Oh no, the whole wall is not painted properly! To my horror I discovered that although we thought we had enough lighting, it was not enough. We had missed some areas.

Laughter started bubbling out of me. It was so funny to think how excited we had been to have the room completed and now this! When Trevan got back from board meeting we went around the room and assessed the damage, or lack there off. We fixed the "problem areas", and are now hoping that tomorrow we will claim the victory over the den and finally have one room completed.

I promise I will show you pictures once it is all done. I want the transformation to be really dramatic...

No comments: