Friday, May 23, 2008

French Open

Tennis is back! The French Open starts this Sunday and drama is definitely in the forecast at this point.

With Henin's retirement, the field seems open for Sharapova to clench her first French Open title.

The drama on the men's side is even bigger. Flashy, new-comer Djokavic, and three-time French Open champion Nadal ended up on the same side of the draw, which leaves #1 Federer with little competition to make it to the finals. With rumors circulating that Nadal is not in top-shape, this seems to be the year for Federer to finally win the French tittle for the first time.

But I am not buying into the hype. I love Federer, and I sincerely wish I am wrong on this, but he has had a less-than-stellar season so far, and I don't really see Nadal folding and giving up the chance at a fourth consecutive French Open tittle.

I pick Nadal to win this one.

No comments: