Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More Venting

You must read Maureen Dowd's Op-Ed pieces on the New York Times. The past two have been especially informative as to why I cannot abide Hillary any longer.

This comment in particular got me to renounce my Christianity just long enough to wish this particular voter went to the really hot place below. Sorry Lord, he is your child too.

"The story quoted Victoria Switzer, a retired social studies teacher, who
could take only one night on an Obama phone bank in the nearly all-white
Susquehanna County, Pa.: “One caller, Switzer remembers, said he couldn’t
possibly vote for Obama and concluded: ‘Hang that darky from a
tree!’ ”

These are the kinds of people that Hillary is happily pursuing. Sorry, but as a self-respecting black person I cannot possibly care any less for the woman, and if she ends up on a ballot I will not vote. Thanks Hillary for ruining what was once a primary process full of possibilities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I don't understand what part Hillary had in this conversation and how she could have moderated the callers. Are you suggesting she edit people's speech? Secondly, as a black woman and a white woman, (yes, I am both) I have been a bit offended how Obama has AVOIDED any black prominent figures yet embraced whatever white man will give him an endorsement. Please, let's be fair to both these candidates. They both have major issues.

spo said...

You are right anonymous, both candidates have their issues, but Hillary's "Bobby Kennedy was assassinated and that's why I am still in the race" comment (paraphrase) solidifies in my mind that she has more selfishness issues than Obama does. The last thing this country needs is another self-serving president.