Tuesday, May 20, 2008

She Does NOT Speak for Me!

I am really tired of women groups posting these ridiculous ads in which they claim that Hillary Clinton represents and speaks for all women. I am a woman, and I most definitely do not want her speaking for me.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and my opinion is decidedly anti-Hillary. She is not the kind of woman I look-up to as a role model. Staying in a presidential race that you have already lost is not being a fighter, it is being selfish and desperate. If she was the kind of woman I look-up to, she would have left the race with dignity a long time ago, and had gone to work for the nominee. She would have bargained for women to have higher positions in Obama's cabinet, and would have championed equality for all.

Instead she has stooped to the shameless politics of attack, distortion, and even turning on the water works if it will give her the votes. I am sorry, but I could never look-up to her. She might have accomplished a lot in her life, but that is not the kind of woman I want to run this country.

We are true to ourselves not when we act like men and gain position for it, but when we act like women and gain respect from others.

No comments: