Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 14 of 32

It was the San Jose, CA airport this time. Trevan and I said goodbye to each other again! This time there was no crying. The empty feeling at the pit of my stomach was still there though...We had a wonderful weekend.

Trevan was at the airport on Friday with a big smile on his face. I rushed to hug him and tell him how much I missed him. Our happy reunion was rudely interrupted by the announcement that my bag had not arrived with me...Sigh!

We took off and went to pick up the evangelist that is conducting the meetings in Hunter's Point, and Trevan's roommate Moses, for a late lunch. After dropping them back at the hotel we headed to the airport to get my bag. It was there this time. Exhausted from a long day I fell asleep on Trev's hotel bed and woke up in time for the nightly meetings.

The evangelist preached for a good hour and fifteen...Then we had to drive about forty minutes to Heather's place, where we would be staying for the weekend.

On Sabbath morning we woke up bright and early to get to Sabbath School. Moses thought the lesson and Trevan preached that day. Both did a wonderful job. I don't think I have ever been so proud of my husband! We had a wonderful lunch followed by an anointing service, a nap, and another hour and twenty minutes sermon. Then the drive back to Heather and Patrick's.

Sunday was another early day. Trevan had class and I hung out in his hotel room watching football. At noon his parents came down and we had lunch together. After lunch, Trevan went to another anointing service while his parents and I went to the mall. We then met up with Trevan and Moses and went to the meeting. This time the evangelist only spoke for 40 to 45 minutes and we were happy to get home earlier than usual.

Monday we spent the whole day on Heather and Pat's couch in their TV room either watching a movie, eating, or sleeping...It was perfect!

Tuesday morning we woke up bright and early and I got back to Chicago at about 1:00 p.m. It was really cold and rainy, so my two-hour drive back to Berrien Springs was interesting! Upon arriving home I discovered, much to my dismay and embarrassment, that my passport is expired...Horrible problem since I am suppose to be leaving the country on Monday to see my grandma in Belize!

To find out the rest of this riveting story you will have to read my next post...TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: