Thursday, September 14, 2006

Day 8 of 32

This week has gone by slowly. I keep myself so busy I am knocked out and night, but still it seems like time has dragged on.

Tomorrow morning I leave for California...I am so excited I think I am not going to be able to sleep a wink all night! Being away from Trevan has shown me just how much he means to me, and just how much we need each other. I am doing much better than day 1, because I have grown a lot since day 1.

Trevan has been blogging through his experience in the field (check out his blog on the side bar). It is nice to be able to read the blogs and know what is going on with him. Due to the three hour time difference it is almost impossible to have a decent conversation, which makes this whole ordeal much more complicated.

My anticipation grows by the second to the moment when I can see him and be in his arms again! I was thinking about that moment last night and I realized that I was experiencing the kind of excitement we should have for seeing Jesus come back to earth. The imagery was so powerful it baffled me. Not often have I thought of the second coming in such wonderful terms. The Bible, however, seems very clear that Jesus is wanting to be with us! The force of that realization makes me yearn for His coming!

No comments: