Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 20 of 32

Tuesday

Yesterday I arrived in Belize City. My cousin and aunt were at the airport to pick me up and we headed for my aunt's house. When I arrived my grandmother was waiting for me. She was very surprised at how much I had changed (I think I still look the same!).

After lunch we sat in the living room and watched soap operas for the rest of the afternoon. It always amazes me how quickly you can pick up on soaps even if you have not seen them in years. The stories are usually the same...Boy meets girl, they get married, or sleep together, or have a baby, then boy leaves girl to start all over with another girl!

That evening I get to meet some of my second cousins that are arriving from school. The last time I was in Belize most of them were not even born yet! I felt old...

I spent the nights at my aunt Elo's house, and most of the days I spent with my Granny at my aunt Stella's house. Aunt Stella is a great cook!

No comments: