Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fun Kids!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to show you some pictures of the cute little kids I ran into in Belize. This trip really made me wish I had some more little people around me here in Michigan! Not my own of course, just someone else's that I could play with and give back.

This cute little fellow is Yasir, my cousin Levy's little boy. Danielly is his girlfriend and they make a great couple. The funny thing about Yasir is that he would not come to me unless he thought I was going somewhere. Then he would extend his hands and want to come to me!
This little cutie is Samane. She is my cousin Kemane's eight-month-old daughter. I loved playing with her because she is a very happy little girl. She has a birth-mark on the left side of her face, but she is beautiful. I really considered trying to bring her back with me. One of her favorite pastimes was to fight my granny for her cane! I really miss her because I spent most of my days playing with her and making sure she did not put anything bad into her mouth.


This little one is Levi. He is my cousin Haleem's son. His girlfriend Bodie is also in the first picture. His full name is John Levi. Named for my grandpa John and my uncle Levy. My uncle (Haleem's father) died about six years ago on Mother's day when he fell of the roof of the house he was building in Belize. So little Levi carries a very important name! Levi only came to me when I had food. He would see me get my plate and sit down, and then he would come up to me and sit in my lap so I could feed him. He is one, and he is going to be a heart-breaker!


No comments: