Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 19 of 32

I woke up and looked out the window to see beautiful, fluffy clouds. I don't think I have ever seen such amazing looking clouds before in my life! Up here life seems so carefree. It is my fourth plane ride in two months. My limbs are tired of sitting, but the view is sure worth it.

The captain comes over the intercom system to let us know that we are beginning our initial decent. From the corner of my eye I see a flash of lightning. Out the window I can now see that the beautiful white clouds have been swallowed up by menacing gray ones. The seat belt sign comes on and the flight attendant admonishes us to tighten them for the road ahead is very bumpy.

Into a dark cloud we go...The plane drops five feet, and woman behind me screams! As soon as it began the turbulence stops. Ahead is another cloud and this time it is worse. My alarm increases as the lightning becomes more frequent...Has a plane ever been struck before?

As we bounce from dark cloud to dark cloud my outlook on being up here begins to shift. Suddenly I glimpse something out in the dark sky...Yes, for a brief moment there is a magnificent rainbow flashing through the clouds. I remember the story of Noah. "I do set my bow in the clouds" God had said. A peace and reassurance fills my heart. God had sent a sign to let me know that He would once again bring me to safety!

When we landed it was raining...Thus began my week in Belize

No comments: