Sunday, October 15, 2006

Day 25 of 32

Sunday

I woke up early this morning and headed for the stores. My aunt Elo and my uncle Clevy took me to the stores so I could buy some Dutch cheese, some red Fanta, and some Habanero hot sauce! I bought so much stuff that my suitcase weighted almost 90 pounds, so I had to split stuff up and borrow a suitcase from Levy (my cousin).

After I finished packing and got ready, Levy took me to my aunt's house. In the ten minutes that it takes to get to her house, the most ridiculous down poor of rain started coming. It was so bad that Levy and I just sat in the car for about half-an-hour before getting out.

I had some lunch, hung out with my granny for a couple hours and started getting ready to leave for the airport. It was sad to leave her because I am not sure if I will ever see her again. After all she is 94! I thank God for the privilege of being able to hang out with her for a week.

Half-hour after I was suppose to leave for the airport, the rain let up just enough for us to thrust my luggage in the car and get on our way. Much to my dismay I discovered that about 80% of the streets in Belize were under about two inches of water. It was a flood and I needed to get to the airport ASAP! Needless to say I began to panic that I was going to be late and miss my flight, or that my flight would be delayed and I would miss my connecting flight in Houston.

Fortunately, neither happened. I was on time for both flights. My mother met me in Houston and we flew to Chicago together. After our two-hour drive home we went straight to bed.

Thus ended my week in Belize!

No comments: