Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 21 of 32

Wednesday

Today my cousin Kemane is taking me to the Keys. Although I have visited Belize on many occassions for extended periods of time, I have never visited the touristy areas, so I am very excited about this outing!

Of course, I had not initially planned to go to a beach, so I had no bathing suit. Before taking off we had to get a bathing suit and a towel for me to take with me. We took the 10:30 am boat to the island...the ride was phenomenal. I think that is the part of the trip I enjoyed the most. The last time I was on a boat was during our honeymoon in the Bahamas. I loved feeling the wind and sun!

Once we got to the Key we headed for my Kemane's friend's restaurant, the Herbal Tribe. Coincidentally I could have sworn some people were smoking pot right accross from it...Anyways, I walked over to the beach, spread my blanket, and took a nap. I was awaken by my cousin hovering over me with a lunch menu. One of the restaurant workers had also come with her to make sure all was just the way I wanted it. It was great service! Twenty minutes later my meal was brought to me and I ate by the beach...I felt very pampered.

After lunch Kemane and I walked up to the split and hung out by a beautiful beach side. We got to see some fishes and just get some sun. The fresh air was fantastic, the water was enchanting, and the food was amazing...I did not get into the water though. I know, it sounds crazy, but I just did not feel it in my spirit.

At 1:30 we were on our way back home, and the boat ride was again, fantastic! The rest of the afternoon I spent with my granny, cousins and my aunt. We ate some fudge that Kemane made, and visited. It was a great day.

No comments: